The Dark Matter print comes back in new pieces made of recycled fabrics. Dark Matter print is inspired by rocks and galactic beauty. It is made in collaboration with graphic designer Eija Vehviläinen. The new pieces are perfect for swimming, yoga, gym, dance, surf or any other sport.
Each year, approximately 8 million metric tons of plastic waste enters our oceans. This is not only a great threat to marine wildlife, but also to human health. If this continues, the oceans will contain more plastic than fish by 2050.*
The sustainable high quality recycled polyester and ECONYL® fabrics are produced in Italy from recycled fishing nets and textile production leftovers. This way a new life and purpose will be given for materials left behind. They have also a portion of Lycra Xtra Life elastane which elasticity will last through hard use, salt water, swimming pools and washing.
The fabric is digiprinted in Aitoo, Finland by a company that uses solar energy in production, and sewed in Estonia.
Read more about our materials from Materials section!
Dark Matter One Piece
Tips for care
Our swimwear is extremely durable, UV protective and possible to wash in washing machine. However these tips help you keep your Dark Matter pieces in mint condition.
- Rinse in tap water – this is usually enough for swimsuits, just rinse them
- Hand washing recommended – if you feel your swimsuit needs more thorough washing, we recommend hand wash in lukewarm water with a tablespoon of mild eco detergent. Rinse well with cool water.
- If must, wash in washing machine in 30-40° and use a mesh lingerie bag. Delicate wash with low spin cycle recommended. The leggings are better to wash in washing machine, since they are not reversible and you can turn them inside out.
- Do not wring dry as twisting out your suit damages the fibers of the fabric. Instead, gently squeeze the water from the suit and lay flat to dry.
- Do not lay your swimwear out in the sun to dry. Over the time, the sun can cause the fabric to fade and also can break the fibers which damage the elasticity of the swimsuit. Especially, do not tumble dry. The best way to dry it is to lay it flat indoors or outside in the shade.
Dark Matter Top & Bottom
Beautiful rocky beach at Lauttasaari, Helsinki
We continue our journey from under water to cosmic paths with our special timeless and conscious streetwear.
Shop our swim and yoga wear HERE
Pics by Aino Huotari
*Read more about rethinking plastics from "The New Plastics Economy: Rethinking the Future of Plastics” by The Ellen MacArthur Foundation (2016)